Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Monkey Bread

I usually don't buy processed food, but I admit I caved and bought Rhodes Bake-n-Serv dinner rolls yesterday, sadly because they were on sale and I had a coupon and well....the price wasn't worth passing up, even if it was just to try one and toss the two bags away. So I wasn't a big fan of them, the kids said they were okay ONLY if I was unwilling to make homemade rolls.

Now the question of what to do with almost 2 full bags of Rhodes Bake-n-Serv rolls? And then I remembered the very first thing I learned to make...Monkey Bread! A quick Internet search for the recipe and here we go...

Ingredients

24 Rhodes Bake-n-Serv white dinner rolls
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup nuts, optional


Directions

Thaw rolls until soft (about 1 hour at room temperature). Cut each roll in half.

In a medium bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts together. Dip roll halves in butter then roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture until thoroughly coated.

Arrange in Bundt pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and cover with plastic wrap. I don't own a bundt pan so I used a 8-cup Pampered Chef glass measuring bowl.


Let rise until double in size (2-3 hours). Remove wrap.

Bake at 350°F for 30 to 50 minutes. Cover with foil the last 15 minutes of baking.

Immediately after removing from the oven, carefully release edges and center tube with a knife.
Invert onto a serving plate.


No comments:

Post a Comment