Saturday, April 14, 2012

Lemon Marionberry Muffins

I have marionberries and blueberries in my freezer and a bowl full of lemons, so I thought I'd put them to use today! I doubled the below recipe, so my notes reflect what I did for a double recipe.

Ingredients
  • 1 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • lemon zest*
  • 3/4 cup berries, cleaned and cut if needed**
Notes


* I use 1 lemons for zest.
**Can use fresh or frozen. If using frozen I suggest defrosting them first, draining excess juice, and coating in small amount of flour.

Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
  2. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
  3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt with wire whisk.
  4. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and add buttermilk, oil, extract and eggs. Stir just until combined.
  5. Fold in berries.
  6. Fill muffin liners 2/3 full with batter.
  7. Bake for 22- 25 minutes for muffins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
  8. Remove from muffin tray and cool on a rack. 
Serves 18 (if doubled). Per serving: 161 calories, 23 grams of carbs, 7 grams of fat, 3 grams of protein.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment