- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder*
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup minus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar*
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup cinnamon chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and espresso powder in a bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, egg, sugar and vanilla extract using a whisk. Whisk to combine throughly.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and milk, stirring just to combine everything evenly.
- Stir in cinnamon chips.
- Divide the muffin batter among the muffin tins.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the muffins are lightly browned and cooked all the way through. Remove muffins from oven and let cool on a baking rack.
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup sugar