Friday, January 18, 2013

Chocolate Syrup

I came across this recipe for homemade chocolate syrup through Pinterest.

Ingredients: 

½ cup cocoa powder
1 cup water
2 cups sugar
⅛ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon vanilla



Directions:
 
Mix the cocoa powder and the water in a saucepan (medium to large in size).
Heat and stir to dissolve the cocoa.
My cocoa of choice
Add the sugar, and stir to dissolve.
Boil for 3 minutes over medium heat. Be careful not to let it get too hot and boil over! (I whisked the chocolate mixture almost the entire 3 minutes)

Add the salt and the vanilla  (I removed from heat before adding).
Let cool.
Pour into a clean glass jar, and store in the refrigerator. Keeps for several months, but trust me it will be gone before then.

Yields two cups.







No comments:

Post a Comment