Friday, March 9, 2012

Meredith Simpson's White Bread

Unfortunately at this time Meredith does not have this recipe posted any place I can link back to, but she has given us permission to share her quick and yummy bread recipe!


Ingredients:
Meredith's little one helping rolling out dough to make loaves.
2 1/4 tsp yeast
1 c. warm water
1 TBSP sugar (honey, agave, whatever)
1 tsp salt
2 TBSP softened butter or 2 TBSP oil
3 C Bread flour or AP flour (I always use AP, sometimes add part wheat)

Directions:
Combine water, yeast, sugar allow to proof, about 5 min. 
Add salt, oil/butter, and flour. 
Mix in stand mixer for 5-7 min on low speed. Should clean the bowl, if not, add a bit more flour until it cleans the bowl. 
Cover, allow to rise double bulk. 
Form into loaves or rounds - 2-3 loaves. For rounds, just form into ball and flatten. For loaves, roll out flat then roll up and seal dough edge. 
Allow to rise again, about 45 min.
Optional - brush loaf with beaten egg before baking for shiny surface. (I usually don't do this.) 
Bake at 375 until golden brown. (15-20 min depending on size of loaf).

Meredith says...I usually just make this for dinner same day (easier than rolls and so cheap). I have never done this under-bake freeze ahead thing. But I think it should work out just fine. I baked 12 min until it just barely started to brown and took it out. I am guessing 10 min at 375 with a frozen loaf. Or whatever it takes. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment